Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wedding Food


As a professional wedding photographer, it stands to reason that I've photographed my fair share of wedding fare. I've seen and experienced all types of wedding food, from the extraordinarily ordinary to the amazingly exotic that I can't even pronounce.

At one recent wedding that I photographed, the food was fun, beautiful and... well, quite delicious (one of those rare occasions where the photographers actually got fed at some point during the long day of shooting. Heaven!).

My second photographer and I were generously offered a choice between salmon and steak and we took one of each and split the plates during a lull in the festivities. This gave me time to shoot the food at my leisure (for some reason, food photography isn't a priority to most..), and capture these simple, yet elegant meals.


No worries, I had just as much fun shooting the couple, but there are some weddings where I don't get the opportunity to take the quality time that I'd like to, shooting the dinner.



*PS - I know it's been a while. It's not that I haven't been eating dinner; I just haven't had time to shoot it...

No comments: